Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Blogging...

So, I really don't know a whole lot about this(blogging), but I like to read and get updated on everyone else, so I decided to give this a try. I am living in Providence, Utah and work for Utah State University as a Beef Nutrition Research Technician. What do you say does a Animal Nutrition Research Technician do? Well, I have a lot of responsibilities. I get to feed cows, take feed samples, and collect the feed that doesn't get eaten. I get to take fecal samples and rumen (stomach)samples, yeah I know it's gross! I help all of the grad. students with there trials and studies. (I could have had my PHD done with all the work I have done for the grad students, but I'm not complaining.) I take forage and legume samples. I weigh, dry, grind and run analysis on all samples. I help take care of the cows, calves, or bulls, or all. I fix waterlines, move sprinklers, weigh cows, body condition score (BCS)cows, and what ever else needs to be done. Anyway, that is mostly what I do. I have three bosses right now, which can get old some days. The funny thing is, is that I don't hear from any of them for a long time, them boom, they all need something done at the same time. Anyway, that is about it. Oh, if I can find any lovely pictures I will post them.