Monday, July 14, 2008

My amazing mom....


I guess there a few things going on in my life. I have been pretty busy lately. I have been working in Logan during the week and on the weekends have been going home.
My mom had both of her knees replaced, one on June 16 and the other on June 23 she is amazing. They have been bad since I can remember (they have bothered her since she was in high school).

About two months ago her "good knee" really started bothering her so when my dad went in for a checkup on his shoulder they got mom an appointment to have the doctor look at her knee's. Anyway to make a long story short the doctor told her that she needed to get them fixed as soon as possible to prevent permanent damage to her knee caps (they had moved to the side of her knee's). They set up the appointment to have them fixed and now she has two new knee's, her knee caps have been put where they are supposed to be and her legs are straighter then ever (I think she even got some hight back).
The recovery has been long and hard and someone has had to be there 24/7 to help her but she is doing much better and the 24/7 has ended. She still has to have someone there to help her stand up, but once she is up she walks better than before they were done. Every week is getting better.

It has been three weeks since the second knee was done and she has a check up on Wednesday so I guess we'll see how things are going.

Thank you to everyone who has come to visit and sent food, it has really helped all of us!!! You are all so wonderful!!!